TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 1/31/2015

by: cash108

January 31st 2015 Cache Care Days!

Please use this post to list all of the caches that you repaired during January 2015.  Please read more about Cache Care Days by clicking HERE! 

We are getting some great feedback about how to smooth this process out and make it better for the community.  Please use the category "Cache Care Days" to create new post about how to bring more quality to TerraCaches.  Several of our members are helping to create TerraCaching Resources about this important topic.  For instance dexter is giving ideas and will edit a resource on how to handle a non responsive cache owner.

The purpose of this post is to capture Cache Repairs that happened during January 2015.  Please post below.  We are hoping that future months will involve events for the last Saturday or for you to work on repairing your caches, or helping a fellow TerraCacher out. 

Comments [8]

• cash108  Durango 1/31/2015 
    Summary of Cache Care Days:  (I will summarize the results below)

WindpumpBoy: 22 Cyber Caches, Replacement Pictures, Special Symbol Repair, and Category.  Technically WindpumpBoy has met the 2015 requirement in his first month.  To make things Interesting we will draw a special prize for the top 5 Cache Care Day participants. 

dexter: 4 Caches 2+ years CCDs
    Z_Statman: 7 Caches 2+ years, containers, grader, CCDs 
    20 Points  2   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 1/31/2015 
    During January cash108 and I have been busy restoring missing pictures to various cyber caches to make them a bit more user friendly. Why not check them out if you haven't logged them yet. I think the following list probably covers what has been done so far this year:
    CC7EK   Inundación
    CC7EX  Theatre
    CC7HK Sculpture?
    CC7HA Animal de compania
    CC7H2 MMI
    CC7HO Framework
    CC7G7 Undernourished
    CC7DJ  El Viejo Puente de Hierro
    CC7EH  Moving 5 the Bridge
    CC7GL Mills Farm
    CC7AK Three masted ship
    CC7EU Waterfalls
    CC7EV Where is Stig?
    CC7GW Tri Bridge
    CC7BS  Small Merino Sheep
    CC7BL House of the Future
    CC7HN Little Cow
    CC7B9 The Boat that Sleeps
    CC7EY Remember
    CC7IL Antique Sight Tower
    CC7B2 Cathedrals and Basillicas
    CC7AI What's This

Cache titles written in English due to my non bilingual nature. A few others pending. 

20 Points  2   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 2/5/2015 
    Hi Cash,

I have a question please.  If I hike out to one of my TC's and repair/replace it and/or confirm the coordinates does that count as one Cache Care day?  

If I log onto the site and find one of my caches missing a picture and I repair/replace that picture does that count as one cache care day?  

I've been kinda doing that all along but I think I still have a couple with broken links.  

It's been a long, long winter!

TD 
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 2/6/2015 
    Hi, Terradactyl, 

Good questions.  If you go and hike to a cache that you own, and repair/replace the cache or just check the status, this can count towards Cache Care Day.  Please post a note that you did the check/repair and tells us about your hike (like watching bears).  We are asking people to note that it counts towards Cache Care Days, by either saying this or typing CCD in your log.

If you log onto the site and repair missing pictures and replace pictures this would also count as repair towards Cache Care Days, again we ask that you post a note and use CCD.   I also have been trying to fix pictures.  I know that when Image Shack started charging, and did their last software update, it blew up my pictures across the whole page.  I had to go and select and reinsert a link for the smaller picture.  It was just easier to load the pictures onto TerraCaching.  

The winter is working its way out.  Try some of the cyber caches they are fun.   Thank you for your questions.
    10 Points  1   
  • dexter  Plymouth 3/31/2015 
    Ok, January Cache Care Stuff:  Found and verified that these golden oldies were still up and running by finding them:
    Name Code I found it last previous find other
    Mystery Mound TCDVJ 01/11/15 11/02/09
    Mystery Clearing TCA6M 01/10/15 12/07/09
    Big Eyes ITW TC96P 01/10/15 05/07/08 replaced container
    Hidden Magnolia TCDVo 01/10/15 01/31/10

dexter
    10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 4/2/2015 
    Got these updated dexter, thanks for changing out the container and logs on TC96P.  If you notice that the cache pages are missing photos, please take replacement photos and we will repair those on the cache page.  You can send them to [email protected].  

Great job dexter.
    0 Points  0   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 4/2/2015 
    Not sure if this is what counts but anyway and you can decide ...

Ones found this year that verify OK or did a Cache Care in some way

TC96P Big Eyes In The Woods
    TCA6M Mystery Clearing
    TCD6N A Burry Peaceful Stroll
    TCD6Z History
    TCDKF In the Hammock
    TCDMV Gnarly Oak
    TCDMZ Ancient Hammock Trail
    TCDN2 Make the Grade
    TCDN4 Cat Walk's Edge
    TCDOI Dude's Lake
    TCDOJ Lake Louisa Nature Trail
    TCDOM Cheryl's Lookout
    TCDVJ Mystery Mound
    TCDVO Hidden Magnolia
    0 Points  0   
  • cash108  Durango 4/3/2015 
    Great Job Z_Statman,  I was using the the dates that you actually logged the caches as finds.  I think that it is great that you and dexter teamed up to get some of the caches together.  You confirmed equipment was soon to be back after painting, replaced containers, and confirmed tags still existed.  Technically I show that TC96P, TCA6M, TCDVJ, TCDVO were found with dexter in January. You also found TCDOI, TCDOJ and TCDOM in January CCDs.  I show that you found TCD6N, TCD6Z, TCDMV,TCDMZ,TCDN2, TCDKF and TCDN4 in March.  Great job on 14 CCDs.  Hope you will keep up this pace.
    0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS