TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 6/3/2018

by: ag08

Site Updates

Hello TC Community, 

We have a few updates that we have completed lately and some releases that are forthcoming. 

Last week, we released an update that makes the Community Page mobile responsive. Over the next several months, we will be working on updates that will make other parts of the site mobile responsive as well. I will post here each time that these updates are released. With these updates, we are also working on the site performance (to increase loading speed) and improving navigation to make things easier for our members. 

Tomorrow, we will be upgrading the site's security with an SSL Certificate. This means that the link you use to access the site will be changing slightly (https vs. http). We have a plan in place to ensure all of the photos embedded in the caches appear correctly. I do not foresee any issues, but we will be watching closely tomorrow to ensure everything is working properly and will work through any issues that arise related to this.

We want to continue to upgrade the site and are working through the issues that have been reported as we are financially able to do so. We appreciate all of your support and suggestions and appreciate your patience as we continue to work on improving the site.

Thanks and Happy Caching! 

Christa

Comments [15]

• scottO  Montana City 6/3/2018 

Thanks, Christa! These days, I use a laptop less and less at home, being able to access any pages in a mobile friendly way is just what I needed!

30 Points  3   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 6/4/2018 

This is certainly welcomed news. 

Thank you Christa and Cash!

20 Points  2   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/4/2018 

Moving in the right direction C&C. Keep going so TC can keep growing and the site becomes more user friendly

coollaughing

20 Points  2   
  • tripman1  Lone Tree 6/4/2018 

+1 for mobile improvements. Seems everyone is moving towards cell phones and this will only help TC grow.  Also, change to https seems to be smooth, no login issues, thanks.

20 Points  2   
  • tripman1  Lone Tree 6/8/2018 

Not sure if this is an issue, but when looking at leaderboards there used to be a three red lines to the right of My Rank and Search by Member that would sort/show list view instead of icons. Also a square with quadrants to return it to icon view. I don't have that anymore. Anyone else missing this as well?

10 Points  1   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/9/2018 

Not sure 't' exactly what you are talking about?

10 Points  1   
  • skramble  Sooke 6/10/2018 

The button to toggle between TileView and TableView seems to have disappeared.

10 Points  1   
  • tripman1  Lone Tree 6/10/2018 

Yes that’s it. Thanks skramble.

0 Points  0   
  • cash108  Durango 6/12/2018 

Thanks for pointing this out, we will need to investigate this.  We have been trying to improve speed loading on some of the pages, this might be related to this.  Please continue to post any other missing items.

10 Points  1   
  • ag08  Durango 8/24/2018 

Hello Everyone, 

I wanted to provide an exciting update to our original post. In the last month, we released updates to the site that continued to improve security and performance. You should hopefully notice that the pages are loading more quickly. 

Additionally, earlier this week we released a responsive layer for the entire 'Play' section of the site. This is a major site update for us and we are very pleased with the results. You should now be able to use the entire play site on your phone and tablet. This update means that all sections of the site (Home, Play, & Community) are now responsive. We are very excited and proud to have completed these updates. I have attached screenshots from a phone and tablet, but check it out for yourselves! 

Now that we have completed these important site updates, our focus for future updates will be addressing issues brought forth by our members and working on simplifying navigation. 

I want to personally thank you guys for sticking with us- we are really proud of this community and the direction that it continues to grow in. 

Happy Caching! 

Christa 

Attachments

Tablet Play Homepage.png
    Mobile TerraCentral.png
    Mobile Cache Hunt.png
    Tablet Leaderboard.png
    50 Points  5   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 8/25/2018 

I first noticed the other day when I visited the site using my phone. 

This is much better! I didn't have to resize the display or swipe around, just scrolled down and everything was there nice and neat.

Now I just need to get a new phone laughing 

Thanks again guys!

30 Points  3   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 8/26/2018 

I second JASTA 11's comments. Logged into TC on my phone last night and it is hugely more usable on it now! Thank you

30 Points  3   
  • powhoundmike  Spokane 9/1/2018 

Thanks! The responsive play section came in handy when I forgot to download a cache hint last weekend. Easy to pull it up and screenshot on the drive out on my phone.

40 Points  4   
  • scottO  Montana City 9/26/2018 

WOW! I have been so busy the last couple of months that I haven't checked into the site much. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! 

Great work, Christa and Cash (and the Astoundry group)!

10 Points  1   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 10/31/2018 

My first terratalk post using my phone.

Don't know if this was enabled before, but today the whole community page loaded up. It may be that the phone was the problem, or my browser.

In any case...COOL!

10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS