TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 3/15/2021

by: cash108

Site Server Maintenance - Site Will Be Down

Dear Valuable Members of the Community:

We are planning on major server maintenance in the next two weeks (3/15/21 - 3/27/21). This will most likely cause the site to be unavailable for periods of time. This could last between 24 and 48 hours. It might also result in additional outages during these updates. We will attempt to update this post with specific times as they arise. If you attempt to log on you will be directed to a message.

If you are logging a streak of finds, please just put the date in your find log for when the site was unavailable so you can maintain the streak.

We are working on this so that we can improve the performance of the site.  Please send an email to [email protected] with any concerns.

Respectfully,

Cash

Comments [6]

• ag08  Durango 4/2/2021 

Hi Everyone, 

Just a quick update- we are doing continued server maintenance over the weekend. The site will be temporarily unavailable beginning on Sunday, April 4th at 11 PM CST. This outage should last approximately 8-12 hours. During this time, you will not be able to log in to the site. In exciting news, we are hopeful that this will provide performance improvements for all of our members. Thank you for your patience as we work through this!

Thanks,
    Christa

40 Points  4   
  • cash108  Durango 4/6/2021 

Hello Dear TerraCaching Community,

I hope that some of you are noticing the work that Ag08 and the Programmers have completed on the site.  You should notice a quicker loading of the pages, and uploading process for the pictures.  The Programmers worked very hard to minimize the downtown. I am so thankful for their work and Ag08. 

Please clear your cookies and restart your machines to ensure that we don't have any conflicts on an earlier version of the site.  Please report anything that seems different or not working like you expected, or something that was working but seems now to be broken.

I noticed that sometimes when I go to a new page it will appear that the page did not load all the way.  If I hit the refresh, it fixes it.  This might be a local issue on my computer, so if others notices this let us know.  Below are some screenshots of what I saw.

Thank all of you for your support.

Attachments

playmainbeforerefresh.jpg
    terracentarlwhite.jpg
    TCafterrefresh page.jpg
    20 Points  2   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 4/7/2021 

Wow! Yes! Just looked at about twice as many pages in 15 minutes as I have managed in the last couple of months. Long may it continue! Thanks!

40 Points  4   
  • ag08  Durango 4/8/2021 

Hi Everyone, 

First, WindpumpBoy, I am so happy to hear that!!! 

Second, we have a fix in place for the partial page loading issue that cash108 mentioned above. Please clear your cookies and caches if you are experiencing this issue. Also, please let us know either here or at [email protected] if you are experiencing any continuing issues. 

Thanks, 

Christa 

30 Points  3   
  • Danman  Portland 4/9/2021 

I second WindpumpBoy's comment.  It is a pleasure to navigate the improved terracaching.com website.  In particular, I just finished a cyber with several possible CC answers.  I had to try several codes before I got the right one.  The increased speed made it much more bearable.

Thanks for all your hard work on the update!

40 Points  4   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 4/10/2021 

A week or so in and I am still noticing the massive difference. At last I can consider creating my frog/TC cyber hybrid crossover caches, on the back burner for months as I felt there was no point in encouraging others to the site if they were unable to log into it! 

30 Points  3   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS