TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 6/1/2017

by: WindpumpBoy

June Challenge 2017

When on holiday I do like to find a cache or two. But more importantly (I think) I like to experience the places we visit. So with this in mind the June challenge is to hide a traditional cache. It can have a logbook or be a virtual, the choice is yours. However it must be placed at a location that the discerning Terracaching Tourist to the area on a daytrip would like to visit, even if there wasn't a cache there. When logging your challenge for the month please state your reasons for choosing the location. You may choose somewhere in your home area or somewhere you have visited on holiday. There shouldn't already be a Terracache situated there.

The "little bit extra" this month is to relax and enjoy a nice drink somewhere outdoors. Can be hot or cold, soft or alcoholic, whatever you enjoy. But post a picture of either you or your gps posing with the drink and state what it is and where you drank it.

Comments [7]

• WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 6/2/2017 

Just noticed tripman1 has logged TCHDV Eiffel Tower. One of the ultimate tourist Terracaches. Not only visiting the Eiffel Tower, but bagging a Terracache as well.... Super!!! Wish that I'd been a Terracacher when we last went to Paris!

10 Points  1   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 6/2/2017 

Nearly 5 years since the last log, wow!

WindpumpBoy, there's a number of places I have visited when I used to get out more that I wish I knew about caching, the general area of Cairo, and some of the Greek islands but a couple. But hey, still had a good time and enjoyed my visits.

My first and only TC find out of the UK was about 3 and a half years ago..City Symbols V. It has not had another find since mine. Although I know the streets of the centrum and Forest areas quite well now, I think for the June Challenge I will be hiding a cache closer to home so that I can make it a physical cache.. we need some more of these in the UK IMO.

10 Points  1   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 6/4/2017 

I've found a few TCs overseas including a bunch in New York.  But my favourite must be El Estadio Panathinaikó in Athens.  I was FTF and am still the only finder.  

Sadly I won't get to go overseas this June but I can already think of somewhere suitable nearer home.

0 Points  0   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 6/11/2017 

The "little bit extra" completed today. Roxy and I out on a National Heritage trail today at Sherborne. In lovely sunshine, in a wooded area, amongst the song of a variety of birds, and the odd sculpture or three. If you look closely you you'll see a deer sculpted from old rusty metal parts.

Sat on a wooden bench drinking a can of HCC cider. It's as cheap as chips, but the black current one is quite tasty and refreshing, without being over the top on volume so that I could still drive back after my walk.

Now to hide a cache...

Attachments

June 2017 Challenge.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 6/29/2017 

I have set my first traditional terracache (TC5C7K) at the Prinknash Deer and Bird Park near Cheltenham. A lovely peaceful place in the grounds of a now abandoned Benedictine monastery, this is a great place for a day out, especially with kids.

My drink was a bottle of Coors in my garden on one of the last sunny evenings in June. We spent a few hours watching transport planes from RAF Brize Norton circling over the house on a training exercise. Strangely mesmerising.

Roll on July!

Attachments

IMG_4542.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 7/2/2017 

I will look forward to hunting for your new TC Hatamalex, it's great to have a new local TC trad!

My one will be a few more days. This month has raced by and gone before I knew it.

0 Points  0   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 7/6/2017 

Wayyyy behind the eight-ball for June. We placed two traditionals:

Anvil Rock ~ TC8SRC while on vacation at The Grand Canyon.

Stairs Falls ~ TC368E while on our way up to Franconia Ridge in the White Mountains.

I totally blew the 'little bit extra' portion. The intent was to post a photo having a cup of coffee up at Greenleaf Hut, but I completely forgot.

0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS