TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 9/7/2017

by: WindpumpBoy

September Challenge 2017

Hopefully we all get a bit out of our caching activities on whichever sites we cache on. The September Challenge is about putting something back. 

The main bit of the Challenge is to log or make a note (if you have already logged it) on JASTA 11's Trash it Out Locationless cache LC8447 or log his Leave No Trace CC6L4 Cyber cache if you have not already logged it. On visiting one of my (speak it very quietly) GC.com caches The Nelson Challenge which generally gets great reviews because of it's location I noticed some empty bottles and cans lying around, so I am making it a priority to get back there with a carrier bag to Trash it Out ASAP.

The "little bit extra" this month, also along the lines of putting a bit back is to  introduce someone new to geo/terracaching (I took a group of kids out this evening from our village youth club on their first geocache hunt- they enjoyed it enough that I've been asked back in a couple of weeks time) or/and PM your TC sponsor and thank them briefly for their sponsorship or/and sponsor a new Terracacher. One out of three is acceptable. As Meatloaf would say "Two out of Three Ain't Bad". Three out of Three would be laughinglaughinglaughing

Comments [3]

• JASTA 11  Bridgewater 9/22/2017 

We were out for a short paddle the other day and practiced a little Trash It Out along the way:

That red thing with the Leave No Trace hat on it is a fire extinguisher. (The hat wasn't counted as trash)

10 Points  1   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 9/30/2017 

My contribution this month is a little late but hopefully worthwhile. I posted the following on Jasta 11's TIO cache.

Walking Monty, my big Golden Retriever, near my home and doing a bit of cache maintenance too.  Amazed how much rubbish I collected within about half a mile of home which is out on the country well away from major roads or population centres.  I will definitely carry a bag with me again to do my bit in cleaning up the mess others leave.

I sponsored a new member from Canada - Terratracker. And I thnaked my great sponsor - the amazing WindpumpBoy.  Roll on October!

Attachments

IMG_5379.JPG
    10 Points  1   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 10/11/2017 

Whilst I have failed at the last couple of months' challenges, but will still strive to put something forward towards each of them as soon as I can, I am still interested in the "little bit extra of this month". In the past I have gotten others interested in Teracaching via 'Cotswold Caching'.  A few of my members, or those who have attended Cotswold Caching events have signed up to Terracaching, and one or two have gone on to find a TC or LC or few.

But of late I have become a lonestar, and have influenced very few to other types of caching.

I was wondering how others have gotten on with this part of the challenge. Any tips on recruiting new TCers appreciated. Being from the UK it is even more difficult than being in the US as there are so few UK TC trads out there.

My ears are open

10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS