TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 2/28/2015

by: cash108

February 28th Cache Care Days!

Please use this post to list all of the caches that you repaired during February 2015. Please read more about Cache Care Days by clicking HERE! 

Please use the category "Cache Care Days" to create new post about how to bring more quality to TerraCaches. 

The purpose of this post is to capture Cache Repairs that happened during February 2015.  Please post below.  We are hoping that future months will involve events for the last Saturday or for you to work on repairing your caches, or helping a fellow TerraCacher out.  One change we are going to make is post at the beginning of the month the last Saturday that is designated for Cache Care Days.

Comments [11]

• cash108  Durango 2/28/2015 
    Summary of February Cache Care Days:

WindpumpBoy 7 cache CCDs
    UNK1 1 cache CCD
    mtzfamily 6 cache CCDs
    Jasta 11 1 cache CCD
    Ajoite2 1 cache CCD
    Jasta 11  1 cache CCD
    dexter 5 cache CCDs

Total in Feb  21 cache repairs.  I know the summation is different, some people sent to support, but did not post here.  

So far in 2015 we have 57 caches that have been repaired.  Great Start, 1 cache at a time improves the quality for all.  Thank you so much community.

10 Points  1   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 2/28/2015 
    A quick summary of the picture restorations I have been helping Cash with over the last month:
    CC7BC White Man
    CC7DS Differences
    CC7IT  VELERO VARADO EN ROTONDA
    CC7IS Gran Pascarela
    TC9JZ Ogden Municipal Building
    TC9IW Ogden arch
    CC7B6 Animales en tu camino

Thanks also to UNK1 for sorting out the CC on LC7N7 Vision Examination which had been corrupted. One of the very, very few CCs which weren't cleared up by the update about 6 months ago. Probably counts as a CCD for Jack imho.
    10 Points  1   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 2/28/2015 
    I can't see the pictures in the two Ogden cache write-ups.
    0 Points  0   
  • mtzfamily  Location Unknown 2/28/2015 
    Placed a cover photo on the following caches:

TCHQ7
    TCGUV
    TCBVF
    TCGWS

Now I just need to find photos older than that for a couple more!
    20 Points  2   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 2/28/2015 

Edited the listing page for our 'Finding Bigfoot' traditional (TCEST).

Used the new features to add an additional waypoint for parking, and jazz up the text a little.

20 Points  2   
  • Ajoite2  Twisp 3/7/2015 
    I am a little tardy with this post but On Feb 25th I replaced the container on my Ayla Peak TC9X6 cache which had substantial UV damage.
    10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 3/15/2015 
    Hello Ajoite2,  You are never late. We designed the monthly Cache Care Day post to capture all of the repairs you did that month.  Even if you get around to posting this on a later month.  I sure am glad you went to TCT9X6.  I see it is right by Ajo.  One thing that would help us out and future findes would be for you to post a "Note" on your cache saying that you replaced the cache container, also refer to CCD or Cache Care Days.  I got this one marked down for you.

Thank you for repairing the cache.  
    0 Points  0   
  • cash108  Durango 3/15/2015 
    Great Job Jasta 11, I love the Bigfoot cache.  The cache page looks really good and having additional waypoint for parking is always handy.   Good Repair.  Don't forget you can also load your pictures just in case your links get broken in the future.

mtfamily, love the new cover photos.  You also can load your pictures into TC3.  I use chrome, and if you right click on the picture you can save to your desktop, and then edit your cache and upload it into the site.  This will save those in one place in case your links get broken.  It is hard to believe that mzfamily2 looks so young in your Geotrekker's run.  Great Job.

SoccerFanatics, you were correct on some of the photos they are not updated.  We send a message to the CO asking if they want to first repair the photos, when we don't hear back we then post the updates pending a final review for the CO.   This takes some time to get it all to work out.

WindpumpBoy, absolutely UNK1 gets credit for fixing the CC on our transition from TC1 site. I hope we don't have any more out there.   Great Job on your repairs.  Please post comments or questions about how to do Cache Repairs or send to [email protected] new photos you would like to update.  Also any questions or issues you encounter while doing the repairs.  

Great job!

10 Points  1   
  • mtzfamily  Location Unknown 3/15/2015 
    I reloaded some pictures on these caches. I need to go back and do my profile graphs. I also updated pictures on a couple caches we found. So far 2 of my favorite pictures can be found in TCN (our first cache) and TC79M. I replaced these linked pictures so they are now on the site.
    10 Points  1   
  • dexter  Plymouth 3/31/2015 
    Cache Care Days February:  verified more oldies were still around.  Update several of my caches with new photos, updated some descriptions.

Name Code I found it last previous find other
    Lone Cabbage TCCYU 02/03/15 03/24/11 logged site changes
    Lamp Post Micro TCCWW 02/07/15 03/05/10 replaced first stage
    Tosohatchee TC TCCXN 02/07/15 03/05/10 helped replace cache
    Hidden Oasis TC9UH 02/08/15 10/17/09
    Viera Wetlands VT TC9UT 02/17/15 06/16/12
    dexter

10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 4/2/2015 
    Great work dexter and mtzfamily, I captured your recent repairs for February and updated the totals.  Looked like some really cool caches dexter.  Don't forget to put CCDs in your logs and notes so that others will follow your great examples.
    0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS