TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 3/6/2015

by: cash108

March 28th Cache Care Days!

Please use this post to list all of the caches that you repaired during March 2015.  Please Read more about Cache Care Days by clicking HERE!  Please use the category "Cache Care Days" to create new post about how to bring more quality to TerraCaches. 

The purpose of this post is to capture Cache Repairs that happened during March 2015.  Please post below.  We are hoping that future months will involve events for the last Saturday or for you to work on repairing your caches, or helping a fellow TerraCacher out.  You can also post questions of what qualifies as a Cache Care Event or strategies on how to improve the quality of our caches that community hunts.

Comments [10]

• cash108  Durango 3/6/2015 
    Summary of March Cache Care Days:

Z_Statman: (posted on Jan CCD) 7 Caches repaired in March.
    0 Points  0   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 3/14/2015 
    I've begun working on Cache Care for some of my old caches. One way I would like to be able to do Cache Care is to revive archived caches after they are repaired or replaced. This seems to me a great way to do Cache Care because it brings old caches back to life, increasing the total available. We've talked a few times in the past about the possibility of unarchiving old caches. Do we know yet if this will be possible at some point? Is there any estimate of when we will be able to do this? I have about 4-6 that I'd like to revive and post for my Cache Care Days.
    10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 3/15/2015 
    Great Question.  We can experiment with bringing back archived caches that have been repaired or will be repaired and reactivate those for you as part of Cache Care Days.  We have not written the code on how to handle archived caches (obvious). I realize that you have wanted to do this for some time SoccerFanatics, so for now anyone that wants to do these as repairs and make them available for the entire community is a good thing.  Send me the ones that you want to switch the status for we will will trace these through to see the impact.
    10 Points  1   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 3/15/2015 
    Yay! Will try to find half a dozen to witch back on in the next month.
    10 Points  1   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 3/28/2015 
    Here's a summary of 9 Cache Care Day things for March:

Visited old German caches and verified the material needed for the CC is still there, or in one case replaced a missing cache container:

TCAY2 - Vollandseiche in Steppach

TCB4A - Kreuzeiche bei Hürbel

TCB4D - Tanzlinde zu Effeltrich

Added cache cover photos to:

TCEGY - Historic Union Baptist Cemetery

TCEGR - Splintered!

TCDBD - DC Monuments - Japanese American Memorial

TCEDR - Saratoga National Cemetery           

TCEDY - Plaines d'Abraham

Added cover photo and corrected text in:

TCE92 - Place de l'Hotel-de-Ville Park

20 Points  2   
  • Ajoite2  Twisp 3/28/2015 
    Caches repaired:

Hearts TCDDW replaced cache log with the original
    Childs Boot TCHLJ replaced UV damaged container
    20 Points  2   
  • mtzfamily  Location Unknown 3/28/2015 
    Caches found:
    TC2FH
    TCBN

Cache repaired:
    Sent in photo for TC2FH
    20 Points  2   
  • mtzfamily2  Elburn 3/28/2015 
    Caches found:
    TC2FH
    TCBN
    20 Points  2   
  • dexter  Plymouth 3/31/2015 
    March Cache Care Days

Added "cover photos" to all of my caches.  Added additional photos and information and confirmed that all "links" worked.  Clarified "how to log" Big Guns, Little Guns" TCE9L.

10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 5/18/2015 
    Dexter, WOW!!! Fantastic Pictures on all of your covers photos for your caches.  They are awesome.  I was not sure how many cache care days to give you credit for and need your help. I made the assumption that it was all of the pictures from TC1 which would be 30 caches, is this correct?

Great Job.
    10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS