TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 7/1/2015

by: cash108

July 25th Cache Care Days!

Happy 4th of July and Happy Summer!!!  We are starting to see members that have not logged on the site in years come back and participate with Cache Care Days.  We could not be more thrilled to see these positive signs of growth of our awesome community. Our goal is to rebuild the community one TerraCache and Cache Owner at a time.  Please reach out to your friends and ask them to come help us with Cache Care Days.  You can read more about it by clicking Here!   Don't forget to post in your logs using CCDs and to post the ones you wanted counted towards the challenge below.

Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy July!!!

Comments [5]

• Bon Echo  Hamilton 7/24/2015 

My first Cache Care Days entry.

Since I don’t have any cache listings (new kid in town), that leaves me with only two options for CCDs – Help a TerraCacher out, or, Find an Old TerraCache.

I plan to get out in the field to do a bit of both. But I also wondered if I could also do some cyber helping as well.

I started to look at the cache listings in my area, and found a number of caches with issues (explained below). I’ve attempted to contact the cache owners by PM or by logs to the cache, hopefully this will help to clean up the database and see listing archived if they should be archived, or confirmed by the CO that the cache should be still in place.

Please note that I only attempted to contact the CO’s when I had good reason to believe the cache was gone.

Here’s a list of actions I took:

1)    1 -   TCDO4 – the last log, a note by the owner posted back in 2011, read “This cache will likely be removed and archived after Spring Fling 007 this weekend (June 11-12). Find it while you can!”. I sent a pm to the owner and shortly thereafter I had a reply “I visited Free of Charge at Spring Fling in 2011, but left it in place as a couple cachers said they were going to hunt for it. I probably should have edited my note! LOL. It should still be there...”. The listing has not yet been updated, but the CO did log in shortly after the email; he had not logged in since 2012, so at the least it was a success to get a member back to see the new improved site.

2)  2      TCGE4 -  Coordinates are incorrect based on 1) also listed on gc.com at coordinates that make sense and being found 2) the coordinates for the TC listing shows the cache to be located in Lake Erie. Sent a PM to the cache owner to inquire about this listing. Email was rejected. Posted a “Missing?” note to the cache page

3)    3  TCGE2 cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived due to maintenance issues. Posted a “Missing?” note to the cache page

4)      Posted “Missing?” logs to the following TC’s, based on evidence that the containers have likely been removed (they all were cross listed on gc.com and were later archived and containers removed):

1.    4  TCDPX the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived and the last finder picked up the container (at the request of the CO) = gone

2.    5  TCDPW the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived and the last finder picked up the container (at the request of the CO) = gone

3.    6  TCDOC the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived and the last finder picked up the container (at the request of the CO) = gone

4.    7  TCDE7 the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived and the last finder picked up the container (at the request of the CO) = gone

5.    8  TCDHO the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived and the last finder picked up the container (at the request of the CO) = gone

6.    9  TCDPJ the cache was also listed on gc.com and was later archived due to maintenance requirements

7.    10  TCDHX this appears to be a complete duplicate of TCDPJ (above) - identical description and coordinates!

Hopefully these actions will count towards Cache Care Days.

Bon Echo

10 Points  1   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 7/26/2015 
    Two Cache Care Days this month:

TCCV2 - Rocky Dugway was visited a second time, determined to be missing, and replaced and a cover photo added.

TC9ND - Cliff Side was visited a third time and replaced and a cover photo added.
    0 Points  0   
  • dexter  Plymouth 8/20/2015 
    8/20/15  Don't see a cache care days for August yet.  Is there a "master list" tracking who has done what?
    I have no idea how many caches I've logged as repaired, undated or confirmed were still around.  Found a couple of virtuals in May that hadn't been found since 2012 (TC4VQ Old Faithful) and 2013 (TCDXE Madison Buffalo Jump)...Confirmed it was still possible to reach the indicated location and posted current photos.  Does this count?
    edexter
    0 Points  0   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 9/2/2015 
    I think we need a Cache Care Day thread started for August.... 
    0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 9/4/2015 
    A bit late but here is my July Cache Care:

Helped replace photos on LCHT Son of Restart a Heart
    Found and checked TCGOR Ruby's Sucky Bunny - first find in over two years.
    Found and checked TCH6T Cyanide in the Salts. first find in over two years.
    Found (eventually) and checked TCHCE Round Tower Churches- Bill Risby's Ghost. first find in over two years. I feel a bit of a fraud on this one but even a virtual waypoint can occasionally go missing!
    0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS