TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 7/4/2017

by: WindpumpBoy

July Challenge 2017

Sorry about slightly late posting of the July Challenge, but here it is..

Hopefully we are (most of us) into the summer, a time to get out and about. The challenge this month is to go out to try and find a Traditional Terracache, It's not actually obligatoryto actually find it, it's the hunt that counts. But on any dnfs (like mine a couple of days ago on TCEBH Steamed up- Ferry Meadows) it will be necessary to show on your dnf log that you were somewhere in the general area of the cache smile

In addition find a locationless Terracache that requires you to venture out of doors. The "little bit extra" is to photograph a competitive traditional summer outdoor team sport e.g baseball, cricket, bowls. The competition doesn't have to be at a high level but it should be being played on an appropriate playing field with the sports full rules being applied. A photo of the scoreboard (if present) and a mention of who is playing who should be included. No Soccer, rugby, basketball or indoor sports allowed.

Have fun!

Comments [3]

• JASTA 11  Bridgewater 7/12/2017 

We started off this months challenge by finding "Take A Break" [TC9U8X]:

For the Locationless Cache portion we went "Back to our Roots" [LCEZ] and re-visited our first ever cache find: 

0 Points  0   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 7/15/2017 

Well ahead of the game this month.

I found Gackt's traditional TC69MJ - Batsies and Birdies last week- a first to find no less.

I completed LC9SO8 - A is for Apple, Windpump Boy's fun locationless cache. 

My summer sport was polo- a new sport for me. Today I went to Cirencester Park to see my second ever polo match- the Jerundong Park Trophy final between Foxcote and Cirencester. Foxcote's team contained Princes William and Harry. The exiting game saw Foxcote take a 5-0 lead only for Cirencester to come back to 5-4. But they just couldn't get the last goal to take it to penalties. 

Attachments

IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4741.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • jonnybgoode9  Weymouth 7/31/2017 

Here is my attempt capture the July Challenge. Seems I somehow missed this part "In addition find a locationless Terracache that requires you to venture out of doors." So, even though I mist completing the challenge, I'll let y'all know what I did do.

I did the same Traditional Terracache as Jasta 11 without knowing it. So, obviously, we didn't do it at the same time! Take a Break TC9U8X by Nikita

A boardwalk along the way.

For the "Little Extra"! My sporting event is a little different. I got called back to where i used to work to help out/ be part of their team in a cardboard boat challenge. The SSARCNADO was our boat (it was Shark week after all.) We finished 3rd and believe me the boats looked nothing like they do in the picture at the end of the race.

Cardboard Boat Challenge 

Hopefully, next month I will read the description more carefully.

Attachments

IMG_20170727_111316.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501193576834.jpg
    0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS