TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 1/3/2020

by: ag08

Shine a Light on 2020 Challenge

As many of you already know, we are working around a bug (read more here). So we created a member challenge until it gets fixed! I'm going to post here who is on my list so that we can keep track of who has entered the challenge. If I missed you, please email me at [email protected] to be added to the list or add a comment.  

Shine a Light on 2020 Challenge:

Continue logging caches using the date of 12/31/2019. To confirm our list (we will be tracking finds), email me ([email protected]) with your name, address, cache name/id that you found. I will mail you a collection of stickers from the store to put in traditional caches in the future.

This will not work for caches posted on or after 1/1/2020- we will have to wait to log those until the bug is fixed. Whoever logs these caches after the bug is fixed will also be able to participate in the challenge. After the bug is fixed, we will give members 2 days to log those caches to participate in the challenge.

In addition, we will be doing a drawing for a grand prize! The grand prize will be a headlamp and 50 pathtags with the design of your choice. I will post additional details on these prizes in the coming days.

Current Qualifiers: 

Aardvark

ag08 (not in the running for a prize, but participated nonetheless)

baddshadd09

Billabong22

Bon Echo

cash108 (not in the running for a prize, but participated nonetheless)

dexter

DufusDog 

frog man

Gackt 

GrizzGirl

Hatamalex

IMGEOING 

JASTA 11

jonnybgoode9

Lone R

MMFR10

mmgro

MommyFinder 

Nakita

Pillgreem

Puppyplayingcache68

Rammjet

RecipeForDisaster

rubymoon05

sfcchaz

skramble 

Terradactyl

Wagalolo

Wet_Ground

WindpumpBoy

Wirbelwind

z_statman

***Final Update, logged on 12/31/2019 AND BEYOND smile

Comments [9]

• Gackt  Cirencester 1/5/2020 

Thank you for setting this challenge up. Hopefully a fix is in place soon.

I have another find today, Tangled Words smile

30 Points  3   
  • ag08  Durango 1/6/2020 

Whewwwwww!! Alright, as has been mentioned the bug has been squashed-

HUGE shout out to the programmers for jumping in and taking care of this!!

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate them and all of you for your patience! I stopped listing the caches found here and instead am just listing the qualifiers in the original post- you guys have done a great job continuing to find caches, there have been a bunch! 

We are going to run this challenge through Friday, January 10, so get your logs in to be added to the list! We want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to log finds that they might have had to wait on while we were fixing the bug. 

Don't forget- send me an email with your name, address, and caches found - if you aren't on the list above, shoot me an email so that I can add you. 

Thanks,

Christa smile

Note: we are still researching a potentially related issue that Bon Echo brought up on the original post and will update further there. But we can all now post our logs in 2020.  

40 Points  4   
  • ag08  Durango 1/8/2020 

Alrighty! I updated the list today in the original challenge post- if you guys don't see your name present, please email me so that I can add you. I alphabetized the list (which is still on the original post) so that it would be easier to find your name. Also, if you haven't already emailed me your name and address, please do so! 

Prizes

We purchased the headlamp and I included a pic of the collection of stickers/temp tattoos, just for a little preview. cool 

Attachments

Prizes.jpg
    40 Points  4   
  • ag08  Durango 1/12/2020 

Okay, folks! We drew for the winner today annddddddd the winner is: 

Rammjet 

Congratulations! We really appreciate everyone participating and for being so positive about our beginning of the year bug. I'm going to reach out for addresses if I don't already have them, please email me back so that I can get your stickers in the mail to you. I've had a lot of fun with this, so look forward to a new challenge soon... wink

Christa  

30 Points  3   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 1/17/2020 

Received our stickers in the mail today laughing.

Thank you!!!

JASTA 11

10 Points  1   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 1/19/2020 

Nice packet of goodies arrived yesterday cool

Thanks and take care

Z

10 Points  1   
  • Lone R  Puslinch 1/29/2020 

What a generous package of stuff. Thank you!

Attachments

2020-01-29 15_51_30-Window.png
    20 Points  2   
  • skramble  Sooke 2/5/2020 

Wow, happy dance at the mailbox today. A wonderful package of great goodies arrived from Terracaching. Thanks, guys, and Keep on Shinin'! laughing

20 Points  2   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 2/8/2020 

Loads of goodies just received thanks. Now got to get out there and use some. 

10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS