TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 11/6/2017

by: WindpumpBoy

November 2017 Challenge

This month's challenge is very much a 'Flip-flop' of last months. If you completed last months challenge of either logging or finding each of a LC, CC and TC, this month you must do it the other way around . i.e if you found a traditional cache last month, you must place one this month. If you placed a cyber cache last month you must find one this month. etc. If you completed the October challenge and both found and hid a cache in any of the categories you may choose whether to claim a hide or find this month. If you didn't complete the challenge last month then this months is basically the same as last months: Find or hide one of each of: a traditional cache, a locationless cache and a cyber cache. 

The little bit extra this month ( after the photo of a natural feature in your neighbourhood last month) is to photograph an outstanding man made feature in your neighbourhood. With Trafalgar Day last month I am logging the Great Yarmouth Norfolk Naval Pillar, erected in memory of Norfolk's great hero Nelson.

Comments [5]

• Hatamalex  Cheltenham 11/26/2017 

Managed to do this with almost a week to spare for once. 

My traditional cache is There's no business like Snow Business (TC46N2)

My cyber cache is Far Faro Way (CC84GA) 

My locationless cache s Peculiar Postboxes (LC6F4F)

The cyber and locationless have already been found but the traditional only went live last night so I wait for someone to grab that one. 

As winter draws in I look forward to setting and solving a few more cybers - should keep me busy on those dark nights .

Realised I forgot my manmade feature.  This is the memorial to the Boer War at the entrance to Cheltenham College.

Attachments

Faro.JPG
    snow-logo.png
    IMG_5403.jpg
    Cheltenham College.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • Bon Echo  Hamilton 11/26/2017 

Well I started out 2017 with great TC ambition but dropped the ball after a couple months. Which makes it feel really good to get back on board at least for November. Since I didn't participate last month, I had the option of hiding or finding and went with the latter. Here's my list:

Traditional: Who's Buried in Grant's Tomb-Millard Fillmore? (TCCSM) by TheEdge

Locationless: Completed four LC's, including  Brick Smokestacks (LC4RWE) by JASTA 11 and Sourcery (LC9276) by WindpumpBoy

Cyber:  Monsters, Inc (CC6O8Y) by tripman1 and Tues@8 - Under Wiltshire Cyber (CC377K) by Gackt

My "photograph [of] an outstanding man made feature in [my] neighbourhood" is similar but less grand than the one used by WpB. I chose to use the Battlefield Monument, erected in 1913 to commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the Battle of Stoney Creek during the War of 1812. Importantly, the monument stands for the enduring peace between the two countries (Canada and the United States of America). If you want to read more why not head over to this cache page: Battlefield Monument / Battle of Stoney Creek (TC33HZ)

Attachments

DSCN7637.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 11/30/2017 

I thought I was going to be on easy street after I found Gackt's 'Tues@8 - Under Wiltshire Cyber' last night.

We found a couple of traditionals, one of them was 'Owl's Head Cache' up in Vermont. The first find in over eight years:

As for Locationless, we found 'What time is it?':

But now as I am submitting our entry, I find that I neglected the 'LBOE'. yell

I live in a very ordinary neighbourhood. Nothing special around here, manmade or otherwise.

Failed to follow instructions - That phrase may be turn out to be my epitaph....

0 Points  0   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 12/2/2017 

I know I am a couple of days late on this one, but I did get half of it done on time.

My Cyber hide was Not a faro.. even better? (CC668F) Hidden on time.

My Trad find was Let Sleeping Soldiers Lie (TC4YWM) Found on time.

My LC hide was Replicar (LC55KV) Submitted for approval today.

Today I visited the Queen Anne monument in Cirencester Park to log CARVED IN STONE (LCGG) which should serve the little bit of extra for this month's challenge...

Queen Anne

0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 12/3/2017 

I also managed to meet the challenge this month by placing 3 caches:

Traditional TC7I2M Beyond the Back of Beyond

Locationless LC5Z59 One Dozen Berrys- 7. Too Much Monkey Business

Cyber CC6OSS Where's Gackt?

I posted my photo of the Nelson Monument earlier.

0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS