TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 12/3/2017

by: WindpumpBoy

December 2017 Challenge

December. The last month of the 2017 Challenge. This is amnesty month. If you have failed to reach the challenge requirements for any of the previous months challenges you may have a go to fulfil them this month, but must not use the same cache to fulfil different months  challenges.

The main December Challenge is to create a Christmas themed cache in any of the cache categories. An extra bonus point to be awarded to the (imho) best cache.

The little bit extra is to produce a dish for the Great Terracaching Menu (we are very fond of cookery shows on the TV over here). There are  three main requirements. First the dish/cake/bake/whatever should incorporate the Terracaching logo on/in it (in an edible form). Second, it should be fed to a non Terracacher (husbands/wives/kids will do- but frog cachers are even better!). Third, you should include their critique along with a picture of the dish.

Time and sponsor approval permitting I aim to produce a cache that will allow you credit for your culinary expertise smile 

Comments [6]

• Gackt  Cirencester 12/5/2017 

Anyone who has taken a look at the Let Them Eat CAKE! LC recently, will know that it will take more than a miracle for me to redeem my lack of participation in the monthly challenges, by taking part in this month's.

But still, I am up for the challenge...

10 Points  1   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 12/24/2017 

An interim entry to show that I am trying. But I need to try harder. More importantly I need to take note of the challenge requirements properly. I read the requirements at the beginning of the month, and somehow by this time after too much "Christmas cheer" over the month my mind has created it's own set of criteria. And so, please do not take these as my entries, unless I fail to post some better more accurate ones.

I have created a Christmas themed cache, not filled with a lot of Christmas spirit. I can do better. It is Almost just a name CC4Z4T.

And then for some reason, I made a meal for my better half this evening. I called it a Kristmas Korma. Based on the chicken korma recipe I use when I have to do this, with a few changes. I diced turkey (the UK poultry of choice for Christmas), in place of chicken, added a few different spices more usually found in mulled wine, and made a few little Christmas trees and holly out of cucumber, with pomegranate seeds as berries. All very good you may say, especially for me as a mostly non-chef husband, but forgot all about the TC logo sealed

KK

My better half liked it. Chicken tastes better though she says.

Even though this challenge was for cachers like myself to redeem ourselves, I still have some redeeming to do. Let's see if I can come up with something over the next week *fingers crossed*

*opens up another bottle of "Christmas cheer"*

Attachments

KK.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 12/30/2017 

Had a bout of insomnia this past night, so a good time to either go out and find a cache or too, or try and make something to cancel out my mistake on the food part above. As the winds were high with driving rain, I decided to "cook".

As not prepared, had to use what I could find in the cupboard. I made a heart shaped chocolate brownie with a few white chocolate chips in it, coated it in vanilla icing, and wrote a message to my wife on it with the remnants of coloured icing that I had left over from my GPSr cake for "Let The Eat CAKE!".

I thought it tasted ok, but it was not for me to critic was it? My artistic talents were poor again. My daughter said, pointing at the red TC symbol I tried to draw, "What's that? Is it that thing on your arm?" Ok, at least it must be semi-recognisable. She said it tasted ok.

My wife said nothing more than "Ice cream goes with brownies, not frosting." I still don't know if she liked it or not, but there is a chunk of it gone now laughing

Attachments

cake1.JPG
    cake2.JPG
    0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 12/31/2017 

Mrs WPB is very tolerant of my 'oddness!'. In fact she bought me this tee-shirt for Christmas to prove it.

I cropped the picture as 1) I was wearing a paper Christmas party hat when photographed and 2) I was a little the worse for wear,  what with the Christmas festivities.

Attachments

Geocaching.jpg
    10 Points  1   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 12/31/2017 

Managed to create a Christmas themed cache early in the month Ho Ho PO! - CC1O89 but didn't find the opportunity to do the extra this month.  Cooking is not my forte but next time the kids bake cakes I'll try and stir the bowl!

Thanks to WindPumpBoy for the challenges this year - they've been great fun.  Hope you and Mrs WPB have a fantastic New Year.

10 Points  1   
  • Hatamalex  Cheltenham 12/31/2017 

Just when I thought my chance for the extra was over, No 1 son decided he wanted to make a big chocolate cookie cake for New Years Eve! Never one to turn down a cookie, I asked if I could decorate it.  A stencil, a sieve and some icing sugar later and voila - a Terracookie!

As he'd done the cooking I had to try and and I must say it was very good, especially with some vanilla ice cream. Living the dream eh!

Attachments

Terracookie (2).jpg
    Yummy! (2).jpg
    10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS