TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 1/21/2015

by: cash108

2015 TerraCaching Challenge!

In light of our continued focus on unique, quality caches and cache types, we have separated this year’s challenge into three categories- Traditional, Locationless, and Cyber. Each category will have it’s own lottery prize. For each 50 members who participate in each category, we will add in an additional lottery prize. For example- if 100 members sign up in the Traditional Cache Category, there will be two lottery prizes. If only 50 members sign up in Locationless and Cyber, these categories will each have one lottery prize.  So encourage your friends to sign up and compete to have a higher chance of winning a prize! 

Traditional Cache Category

In order to compete for the Traditional Cache Challenge lottery drawing, each member must complete the following: 

1) Hide 5 Traditional Caches then 2) Find 10 Traditional Caches, last 3) Participate in 5 Cache Care Days related to any 5 cache types (Traditional, Locationless, or Cyber). **Note: Each Cache Care Day participation can only be used once.  Prize: A Fully Loaded TerraCache Container! 

Locationless Cache Category

In order to compete for the Locationless Cache Challenge lottery drawing, each member must complete the following: 

1) Hide 5 Locationless Caches then 2) Find 10 Locationless Caches, last 3) Participate in 5 Cache Care Days related to any 5 cache types (TLorC). **Note: Each Cache Care Day participation can only be used once.  Prize: Fenix LDO2 EDC

Cyber Cache Category

In order to compete for the Cyber Cache Challenge lottery drawing, each member must complete the following: 

1) Hide 5 Cyber Caches, then 2) Find 10 Cyber Caches, last 3) Participate in Cache Care Days by repairing 5 caches of any type (TLorC). **Note: Each Cache Care Day participation can only be used once. Prize: Mini Emergency Radio. 

Grand Prize

The Grand Prize will be drawn from members who have successfully completed all three categories. Therefore, each member who is eligible for the grand prize will have hidden a total of 15 caches (5 Traditional, 5 Locationless, and 5 Cyber), found a total of 30 caches (10 Traditional, 10 Locationless, and 10 Cyber), and participated in a total of 15 Cache Care Days by repairing 15 unique caches and reporting them on a Cache Care Day Post.  This year, the Grand Prize will be a Delorme inReach Explorer. 

Check out more information on Cache Care Days here: 

http://community.terracaching.com/Resources/Details/125

Good luck!! We are looking forward to seeing all of the great caches that are hidden, found, and repaired in relationship to this challenge. Happy Caching!  You must post by scrolling down to register, and post your hides, finds, and Cache Care Days. We wish you the best in 2015!  For Love of the Hunt! 

Attachments

2015surradio.jpg
flashlt.jpg
DeLormeExp.png
CacheContainer.png

Comments [73]

• Castor Fiber  Hokksund 1/22/2015 
    I would like to take part in all three categories of the 2015 challenge.

My Hides so far in 2015 (13.02.15)

CC7C64, CC8LV5, TC2CAL, CC9BAZ

My Finds in 2015 (13.02.15)

CC7A2, CC7CE, CC7CX, CCUK, CC7CF, CC7GT, CC5AVD, CC2Q2T, CC6MBX

30 Points  3   
  • Yukon Jack  Noxon 1/22/2015 
    I would like to sign up for the traditional category.

Updated 3/8/15

My hides so far are: TC11UW, TC6FMV. TC2XLA, TC3G7A, TC6N85

My finds so far are: TCEW2, TCESX, TCESS, TC1D36, TCEEN, TCESQ, TC4340, TC7LFC, TC2B7R, TC42S

Yukon Jack
    30 Points  3   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 1/22/2015 
    Please add us to the Traditional Category.

So far just one find:  TC8741, one hide in cue. 

What's a 'cache care day'?

JASTA 11

40 Points  4   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 1/22/2015 
    Please sign me up for all three categories for 2015. And I just now saw the results for the 2104 challenge. Great perofrmances by a bunch of my sponsorees!
    40 Points  4   
  • ag08  Durango 1/22/2015 
    Sorry about the oversight, JASTA 11! I have updated the original post with a link to a resource about Cache Care Days- essentially these days encourage members to head out and do cache maintenance! 

Check out more about it here: 

Glad to see all the participants so far in the 2015 Challenge! :) 

Thanks,
    Christa
    10 Points  1   
  • Ajoite2  Twisp 1/23/2015 
    Sign me up for the traditional category I have the hides ready to post when I get some speedier Internet.

Updated 3/8/15

Hides: TC63TA  TC3L11  TC3900  TC4XHS  TC1RRB, TC7MW9, TC7PQ5, TC2XF8, TC3MRH, TC8ZS5, TC1BM8, TC66YD, TC44IT, TC86IF, 

Finds: TC64V7  TC4NJH  TC5BMV  TC55B8  TC9AHL  TC6B1D  TC5Q2G  TC1Z0K  TC2B7R  TC11UW, TC7LFC, TC8BB8Y, TC6QMI, TC6FMV, 

30 Points  3   
  • cash108  Durango 1/23/2015 
    Good start to the 2015 Challenge.  I am also going to officially sign up for all three categories.  I am going to edit this post with my updates.  Good luck to everyone.  (My participation is for fun)
    0 Points  0   
  • smithwitch123  Durango 1/23/2015 
    I'm officially in for all three categories, which is an epic step for me.  Looking forward to a fantastic For Love of the Hunt 2015!  My participation will not receive prizes, only satisfaction in completing my first TC Challenge!
    30 Points  3   
  • mtzfamily  Location Unknown 1/24/2015 
    I'll give it a go in the Traditional category. When I get the little "slacker" out of bed, he'll sign up too. It's 5:53 AM, half the day is gone!

I see a slight discrpency in the rules which needs some clarification. In another string ag08 stated: "Cache Care Days will be held on the last Saturday of each month." In this string cash108 stated: "..participated in a total of 15 Cache Care Days (completed maintenance on 15 unique caches)".

By my calendar there will only be 12 Cache Care Days, at least here in Montana. Though, we have been known to do things differently!

The end of the quote by cash08 states: "
    completed maintenance on 15 unique caches".

Do we measure days by a 24 hour period or by the number of caches that had maintenance?
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 1/24/2015 
    Great to see you sign up.  You might want to try all three as they will open up a different approach to caching that helps make TerraCaching unique.  

Let me work on the language based on your feedback. First let me try to clarify.  Each month on the last Saturday ag08 is going to post a Cache Care Day.  So the one for January will be on  January 31st.  We hope that people will actual target that day to fix some caches, but more important is that they post on caches that they fixed that month.  So if you repaired a cache on say January 13th, you could post about it on the 31st and get credit for the challenge.   Hypothetically you could repair 15 caches in January and meet the challenge.

Speaking of 15 it looks like I have too many.  So I will go fix that.  I am glad folks in MT do things a little different.  Great Catch!  Happy TerraCaching. 
    0 Points  0   
  • dexter  Plymouth 1/24/2015 
    Enter me in all three. 

Updated 8/20/15

5 Traditional Hides TC7RLV, TC3NYT, TC8L64, TC800O, TC5548. 
    10 Traditional Finds: TC96P, TCDVO, TCA6M,  TCDVJ, TCCYU, TCCWW, TCCXN, TC9UH, TC6103, TC9F2N, TC9UT, TC7H4   

5 Cyber Hides:
    10 Cyber Finds:
    CC7OH, CC6NOO, CC27F3, CC34A8.CCMY, CCPV, CCTK, CCNN, CCHX, CCTN, and my favs CC7EH and CC34A8

5 Locationless Hides
    LC3GZ7, LC3O7X. LC54ZM
    10 Locationless Finds: LC7KJ, LCYC, LC4TH4, LC5U28, LC5MB4, LCNYS, LC7TH, LCR, LC7SO.LC7QY,

Thanks,
    dexter
    20 Points  2   
  • scottO  Montana City 1/25/2015 
    Sign me up for all three! Just to be clear, I need to place the new caches, THEN find some?

None yet so far, but I will get started!
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 1/26/2015 
    Great to have you on the challenge scotto, no you can do them in any order and any caches you find, hide, or repair in 2015 will count towards the challenge. 
    0 Points  0   
  • Rideau Rangers  Mississauga 1/30/2015 
    Hi there, add us in on all three and that will be the incentive to get out there again!
    30 Points  3   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 1/30/2015 
    Count me in! I shall have a go at all three categories please. It gives something to work towards.
    20 Points  2   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 2/1/2015 
    I'm confused about Cache Care Days. The description of them says "Cache Care Days will be held on the last Saturday of each month", so there would be 12 Cache Care Days in 2015. However, the 2015 Challenge write-up says a candidate for the Grand Prize will have participated in at least 15 Cache Care Days. Please explain.
    10 Points  1   
  • UNK1  Location Unknown 2/1/2015 
    Since it is now Feb, does that mean anyone who signs up for the challenge now will not be eligible for the grand prize? There is no way someone who joins TC now will be able to win the grand prize even if they find/place all the required caches.

What do others think about the requirement of completing a specified number cache days to be eligible for the grand prize?

Jack
    10 Points  1   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 2/1/2015 
    I could easily be wrong but I suspect that from cash's 24/1 post it is the number of caches repaired that counts rather than the number of days and that the specified cache care day each month is to be used more as motivation to get people out there and to log what you have been doing in the previous month. The idea being that the whole Terracaching community get behind the concept of cache maintenance to improve things for others rather than just leave it to the few. Having very few traditional terracaches within a sensible drive I have been doing mainly LCs and CCs and there are a lot which need attention to photos etc. Where I have been able to find a suitable replacement for missing pictures to make the cache more loggable for others I have forwarded them to Cash to insert into the description. I have done about 20 of these in January. Frankly I'm not too bothered whether I get credited with 20 cache care days or just one. I have been happy to feel I'm helping to improve things for others. Satisfaction has already come from the fact that 2 of those repaired caches have already been logged by others. It would be great if other cachers have a look through their owned and found cyber caches to see if any picture links are broken and if they might be able to provide a suitable replacement.
    10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 2/1/2015 
    Your spot on WindpumpBoy, I am glad that you edited your logs to show that they were Cache Care Day work.  You do excellent work and make the caches better for the next finder.  It is not the days, but that you repair at least 15 caches. The idea about the last Saturday of every month is where you will record the caches you worked on that month, have an event to repair caches, or go help a fellow TerraCacher out.  So even now or next month you can record the caches you repaired in January HERE.  We will post another one for Feb, Mar, April etc.  

I agree, the whole idea is that the entire TerraCaching Community get behind the concept of cache maintenance to improve things for others. 

Great Job Windpumpboy.  I am thinking if people would simply put in their log CCD then we would know that they did a repair when they help another TerraCacher out. Z_Statman has been busy on Traditional Caches.

0 Points  0   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 2/2/2015 
    Thanks Cash and WindpumpBoy - That's what I thought was probably meant, but it wasn;t really clear. 
    0 Points  0   
  • DudleyGrunt  Jessup 2/2/2015 
    Count me in for all 3 categories.  I'll have to try to figure out my caches so far this year when I have a little more time.

It would be REALLY nice if I could simply look at my finds and hides in the order I found or hid them. Any traction on this or seeing archived finds / hides?
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 2/2/2015 
    Glad to have you join the 2015 Challenge Dave.  We are working on the hide/find order for each member and next will be the archived caches and how to treat them. 
    0 Points  0   
  • sfcchaz  Location Unknown 2/8/2015 
    Count me in for all 3 categories.
    20 Points  2   
  • ag08  Durango 2/9/2015 
    Count me in for all three too! Just for fun! :) 
    30 Points  3   
  • Mr. T BELL  Larkspur 2/9/2015 

Count me in for the traditional category!

Update:

Caches repaired: TC77X 

Caches placed :

Caches found:

10 Points  1   
  • mirabilos  Bonn 2/19/2015 
    Hey cash,

thanks for the heads-up per PM. I'm afraid I'll not be joining though… finding 10 caches in the area I live in is not possible, unfortunately, and the others in Germany are far enough for it to be too expensive for me to travel (I have to keep the money tightly together currently).

Nevertheless, nice idea, and good luck to all participants!
    0 Points  0   
  • ALAMOS_TRAIL  SERRANILLOS DEL VALLE 2/19/2015 
    Account with me. Although late, I will try to get back in the day. Taking advantage of the fourth centenary of the publication of the second part of the book Don Quixote de La Mancha will try to hide a few terracaches devoted to this subject.
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 2/19/2015 
    Glad to have you ALAMOS_TRAIL it is never too late.  mirabilos, you can just sign up go for the lottery on that category + you will help increase the prize count.  Just saw your latest event hope you all have a blast.  
    0 Points  0   
  • mtzfamily2  Elburn 2/22/2015 
    Sign me up for the Traditional category!
    I haven't hidden any yet, but I have found one: TC27J
    Thanks!
    10 Points  1   
  • tripman1  Lone Tree 2/23/2015 
    Signing up for traditional, may try the locationless as well.
    10 Points  1   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 3/5/2015 
    Our sponsor finally got off his duff, so we can add one traditional hide : TC2KK7

That makes our tally one hide and one find.

We'll get some traction once there's about three less feet of snow on the ground around here!

JASTA 11
    20 Points  2   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 3/16/2015 
    OK, am finally taking a look and here is my status so far. Probably doesn't fit the "complex hide/find/..." criteria but definitely having a nice year. FWIW, it has been cool over here, like in the 50's (lol to the mountain folks) during the day so ....

Finds: (All Types) 
    TCD6N A Burry Peaceful Stroll
    TCD6Z History
    TCDMV Gnarly Oak
    TCDN4 Cat Walk's Edge
    TCDKF In the Hammock
    TCDN2 Make the Grade
    CC6NOO The First NOT To Find Challenge
    CCHX Google Up A Locationless!
    TC8L64 Eau Gallie, Miss Molly
    TC7RLV Hike, Bike or Yak
    LCYC Terracache to Eagle
    TC800O Aqua Terra
    LC4TH4 For the Love of the Hunt - Raptors
    TC5548 Lonely Maple
    TCDOI Dude's Lake
    TCDOJ Lake Louisa Nature Trail
    TCDOM Cheryl's Lookout
    CC937I Norway in a nutshell
    TC96P Big Eyes In The Woods
    TCA6M Mystery Clearing
    TCDVJ Mystery Mound
    TCDVO Hidden Magnolia
    CC8LV5 My autumn vacation
    CC7O0W Texas Blue Ghost
    CC4XSH Texas Hikes
    LC7YKJ Split Rock, LC7LV The Sands of Time, LC4TH4 For the Love of the Hunt - Raptors Also CC5AVD, CCPV, CCTK, TCDMZ

Placed:
    TC2GS4 Lonely Cypress Tree Tag
    TC6103 Mighty Oak Taylor Creek Tag
    TC6HQ3 Spoil Island Tag
    TC9F2N Longleaf Pine Tag
    20 Points  2   
  • cash108  Durango 3/21/2015 
    Ok we have updated the Featured Caches for those reported so far.  Great Job Will.  So far we are tracking 131 finds and hides not a bad start.
    10 Points  1   
  • stoneswivel  Irving 3/24/2015 
    Please add my name to the traditional category.  Finds TCCSA, TCKC, TCCK, TC7BR.

Stone
    20 Points  2   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 3/24/2015 
    It seems a good time to start listing my hides and finds towards the challenge. Hopefully I will then be able to edit the page as I log more.

Cyber Hides

Locationless Hides

Cyber Finds (A list of some of the ones I most enjoyed since the start of the year -apologies in advance if yours aren't on the list it doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy them, just that I enjoyed these more, also trying to limit to one cache per hider to spread the love around a bit. In no particular order:

CC7BY Moving#1 Are they here?  Well who wouldn't want to go to Mars? And with Google you can!
    CCUK A Virtual Tour of Norway  A cache (or rather two) that can be done as a Traditional or a Cyber. Opens up geocaching to the world. It's one of the things that Terracaching does better than other platforms (imho).
    CC8ZNX Some go missing And now for something completely different. I can safely say I hadn't done a cache like this before, but I'm looking forward to a return to the Geocaching Ghost City of Neuf-Roc.
    CC7IH Six Cars One of the CO's who would probably have more than 1 entry in the list. What weird and wonderful things she would have us hunt down, and this one took an age.
    CC7BS "Small" Merino Sheep. Another CO who has a range of interesting things and places to hunt down. With this one there was the bonus of doing a bit of cache repair, so it's a bit easier now if you want to have a go!
    CC7C64 Shetland Bus If I have to pick just one then this is my favourite of the Castor Fiber caches I have found this year
    CC4XSH Texas Hikes What a wonderful landscape Cash takes us through. Somewhere to visit for real. It's on my list along with Tombstone, Arizona.
    CC7BL The House of the Future What a wacky idea for a living space. I spent ages trawling through previously claimed "Houses" before finding one I could claim myself. Great fun!
    CC7IG Sant Menna Patró de Sentmenat Some interesting history to go with this cache that I enjoyed finding out about.
    CC7HK Sculpture? Did this without the picture so plenty of scope to go completely down the wrong track, so to speak. Another chance for a CCD to make things a little easier for the next finder
    CC7HA Animal de Compañia  A novel "Animal" and a novel way of generating the CC.
    CC7LD With the Sea Side  An interesting view and from the description I thought I knew where it was and was "so so wrong". Once I altered my search area by a few thousand miles I was much better off.

Locationless Finds: Some more of the caches I have enjoyed logging this year again limiting things to one cache per CO, otherwise UNK1 might dominate the list :)

LCQI Quadrivia   Well it had to get on one of the lists!

You can click on the codes for links to the caches.
    10 Points  1   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 3/28/2015 

Late, but now registering my intentions for all categories. Will be a real challenge for me to complete all but will give my best shot ^_^

10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 3/28/2015 
    It is never to late, remember that you count all of your hides and finds back to January1st.  Good Luck
    10 Points  1   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 4/23/2015 
    Here's a list of 15 of my Cache Care Days this year, so I have 5 for each of the Challenge categories. Wanted to list them all here together before I lose my notes on which ones I did.

TC9MS – Lawrence’s Ride – unvisited in 7 years: verified it’s there and CC is available.

TCC72 – Welcome to Gotham City – unvisited for 7 years; missing; now replaced

TCDHR – Starvation Camp – unvisited in 7 years – verified coordinates and CC info still available

TCDHW – Old Fort Boise - unvisited in 7 years – verified coordinates and CC info is available

TC9QM – Dry Creek Run – unvisited for 5 years – replaced missing cache container

TC9QN – Eagle Cache - unvisited for 5 years – replaced missing cache container

TCB4C - Tanzlinde in Wichsenstein – unvisited in 5 years; verified items needed for CC still available.

TCB4D - Tanzlinde zu Effeltrich - unvisited in 4 years; verified items needed for CC are still available.

TCB4A - Kreuzeiche bei Hürbel – unvisited in 4 years; replaced missing cache container,

TCERI – DeChambeau Ranch - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCERE – La Madre Spring Trail - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCERA – Sun Tunnels - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCEQZ – Iosepa - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCES9 – Marshall University Plane Crash Site - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text.

TCES2 – The Red Bridge - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 4/23/2015 
    Great Job SoccerFanatics, I will update the featured map to capture your new finds.  I grab the information on the cache care days from your post there so you don't have to repeat.  You are the world cacher for sure, Germany to Idaho, great work.  I especially thank you for replacing some of the containers and confirming the locations.
    0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 4/25/2015 
    Subject to an official count I think I may have reached the CC and LC requirements. So I better make a start on the TCs where I stand at 0 and 0 at the moment ;)
    10 Points  1   
  • smithwitch123  Durango 5/4/2015 
    My Hides and Finds for 2015 Challenge 

Traditional (5) Hides:

Traditional (10) Find:
    TC38VP - Buffalo Bayou: Skate Park 1-17-15
    TC992B - Buffalo Bayou: Police Officer Memorial 1-17-15
    TC4D4 - AC#4-George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) 4-19-15
    TC3W61 - Dam(n) Blades! 5-25-15
    TCGUM - David Thompson

Locationless (5) Hides:

Locationless (10) Finds:
    LC7KJ - Split Rock 4-19-15
    LC4ES0 - Let's Have MOOooo Fun! 5-2-15
    LCJS - Urban WaterFalls 5-12-15
    LC7NC - Photo Challenge 1 - Birds

Cyber (5) Hides:

Cyber (10) Finds:

Note to Myself for CacheCareDays - Need to Complete 15
         April - 4 Photo Repairs
         May - 8 Photo Repairs

10 Points  1   
  • N0hope  Biggar 5/9/2015 
    Hi,

Just signing up for the challenge at the moment.
    I have found 2 locationless caches and I have hidden one traditional (virtual)

Traditional (5) Hides:
    TC4YWM - Let Sleeping Soldiers Lie

Traditional (10) Find:

Locationless (5) Hides:

Locationless (10) Finds:
    LC7NC - Photo Challenge 1 - Birds
    LC5MB4 - A Monumental View

Cyber (5) Hides:

Cyber (10) Finds:
    10 Points  1   
  • fastdebbie  Cheltenham 5/13/2015 
    Please can I sign up for the challenges. I only recently joined so only have 1 virtual and 1 LC find so far.

Finds so far:

TCERC

LC7QY

CC2Q2T  CC9BAZ  CC8LV5  CC7C64  CC27F3  CC7O0W
    10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 5/17/2015 
    Ran a quick Update and so far of the 24 people that have signed up for the challenge we have a total of 591 hides and finds.  That is a great pace compared to the 2014 challenge.  Please encourage your friends to join the challenge.  I also updated the Featured Map so you can see where the activity is, you can zoom in and out on this map.
    10 Points  1   
  • BIO-HAZRD  Whitmire 5/20/2015 
    This looks like a lot of fun and a great way to keep the quality up on the caches already out there. Count me in for all three challenges.
    Will edit post when I start getting the requirements completed.
    Good luck to everyone.

I have now found 5 of the 10 Cyber Caches;
    CC7O0W, CC7IU, CC9BAZ, CC7CD, CC77CB

Still a ways to go!
    10 Points  1   
  • Gackt  Cirencester 5/31/2015 
    I will update this post as I complete more.
    Latest update: 11th June

My Hides and Finds for 2015 Challenge so far:

Traditional Hides: (5 of 5 +1)
    TC7YN4 - Birthday Beer Below Box **
    TC2VGP - RAF Chedworth
    TC43IY - Bottle of vintage TC (Terracaching Cider)
    TC35PT - Southwold Pier - Webcam
    TC2I49 - Anti-Church Micro #1 - Devil's Chamber
    TC8M09 - Cotswold Caching #4

Traditional Finds: (1 of 10)
    TCHKZ - Lambourn Valley Way

Tradional CCDs: (2 of 5)
    TCHXI - A Silent Tribute
    TCHKZ - Lambourn Valley Way

Locationless Hides: (5 of 5)
    LC9LRT - Would you pass by?
    LC4JV7 - Gackt’s Sociable TerraCacher Challenge #2
    LC7V64 - Gackt’s Sociable TerraCacher Challenge #3
    LC8W6K - A grave tale
    LC8R7Q - Bleed like me

Locationless Finds: (10 of 10)
    LC77W - Dalek Invasion Earth 2008
    LC784L - Symmetry
    LC1E6H - Lovers Lane
    LC9F4D - Going For Gold
    LC3HWN - Established When?
    LC3AX0 - Ring Ring Goes the Bell
    LC4G - TUNNEL
    LC7PP - Concrete Bunker
    LCXS - Coin-Op Kiddie Ride
    LC3O7X - Monumental People

Locationless CCDs: (1 of 5)
    LC7V64 - Gackt’s Sociable TerraCacher Challenge #3

Cyber Hides: (3 of 5)
    CC8ZNX - Some go missing
    CC4PRR - No Major equipment needed
    CC32P9 - Reveal your obsession

Cyber Finds: (10 of 10)
    CC2E2K - A Day in Pompeii
    CC34A8 - I Am Not A Number, I Am A Free Man
    CC7C64 - Shetland bus
    CC937I - Norway in a nutshell
    CC9CVX - Terra of the Cyber C's
    CC1KHB - 2015 Walk to Defeat ALS (CC)
    CCHU - WCG (aka How to Fold a Protein)
    CCR2 - WCG II - Keep it going
    CC3QTW - Halloween ol Halloween
    CC7AK - Veleros de 3 palos / 3 masted sailing

Cyber CCDs: (1 of 5)
    CC7IN - TEMPLO EXPIATORIO III

**Not sure if this one counts? Was an event on 24th Jan, but cache page was originally published on 12th Sep 2014. I'll plan to hide an extra cache to cover this one just in case.

Found lots more than the required amount of LCs and Cybers, so just noted some of the more memorable ones.
    20 Points  2   
  • gaz_zippy  Location Unknown 6/2/2015 
    I'll sign up for the traditional category, just two finds in 2015 so far: TCCMH: Truro Cathedral, found 25/05/2015 TCE9R: Saviours of the South, found 26/05/2015
    20 Points  2   
  • smksmith  Snohomish 6/3/2015 
    I'll sign up for the traditional category. My finds so far this year are TCDYJ, TCCKN, TCN9, TCDZ2, TC4Y6 and TC4Y7. Currently have my first hide in review.
    20 Points  2   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 6/22/2015 
    Having completed all the requirements for the Traditional 2015 Challenge, here's the list:

Placed 

TC5ROL  -  Redbull Stratos– Landing Site  -  1/31/15

TC3GVQ  -  Lincoln County War – Blazer’s Mill  -  1/31/15

TC4YSL   Idaho Rocks!  -  4/22/15

TC5V7V  -  Nathan’s Nuptuals  -  4/22/15 

TC632Y  -  Dudley’s Chapel  -  5/4/15

Found 

TCER7  -  The Transpeninsular Line  -  1/18/15

TCESE  -  Observation Tower No. 7 – 1/25/15

TCAY2  -  Vollandseiche in Steppach  -  3/22/15

TCB4C  -  Tanzlinde in Wichsenstein  -  3/23/15

TCB4A  -  Kreuzeiche bei Hürbel  -  3/23/15

TCDHW  -  Old Fort Boise  -  4/17/15

TC9MS  -  Lawrence’s Ride  -  4/18/15

TC9QM  -  Dry Creek Run  -  4/19/15

TC7QR  -  What a View Perrine Bridge  -  4/21/15

TCEMN  -  ATK Rocket Park  -  5/22/15

CCD - details of CCDs are in a 4/23/15 post above. 

TC9MS – Lawrence’s Ride

TCC72 – Welcome to Gotham City

TCDHR – Starvation Camp

TCDHW – Old Fort Boise

TC9QM – Dry Creek Run

20 Points  2   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 6/25/2015 
    Count me in for the Traditional Cache category.  To date I've found one (Flatlander's - TC76JS),  posted one hide (Colchuck Peak - TC6P5M) and maintained one (Engle Peak - TC27D complements of Cash108). Planning on getting very active in a week or so when my wife's arm comes out of the post surgery sling and she'll allow me out of the house for more than one night.

TD                

20 Points  2   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/25/2015 
    2015 updated finds: Traditional

TC2YS Rock's Hickory Landing Cache
    TC5548 Lonely Maple
    TC7RLV Hike, Bike or Yak
    TC800O Aqua Terra
    TC8L64 Eau Gallie, Miss Molly
    TC96P Big Eyes In The Woods
    TC97V Bear Valley
    TC9VQ Green Chilis forever
    TC9XX I Think I'm Going Bald
    TCA6M Mystery Clearing
    TCBEB ALLIGATOR HOLE UP
    TCBGG FRIENDS CACHE
    TCBVZ GEM CACHE
    TCCGI Ojo de las Cañas Overlook
    TCCGO Sssssnake!
    TCCIY Step Above The Byway
    TCCRC LittleTRAX on the Prairie
    TCD6N A Burry Peaceful Stroll
    TCD6Z History
    TCDAF The Edge of Alexander Springs
    TCDKF In the Hammock
    TCDMV Gnarly Oak
    TCDMZ Ancient Hammock Trail
    TCDN2 Make the Grade
    TCDN4 Cat Walk's Edge
    TCDOI Dude's Lake
    TCDOJ Lake Louisa Nature Trail
    TCDOM Cheryl's Lookout
    TCDVJ Mystery Mound
    TCDVO Hidden Magnolia
    TCE9U Above Socorro
    TCEBI Quebradas Spring Canyon
    TCEBL Quebradas Dunes
    TCEGJ The Colors!
    TCEIE Rocko's Cache
    TCG74 FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
    TCG99 Petroglyph NM - Rinconada Canyon
    TCHZ4 The 34/107 Confluence Cache

Cyber
    CC17YW Bear Behind
    CC4XSH Texas Hikes
    CC5AVD Bag Yourself A Banksy - Street (View) Art
    CC6NOO The First NOT To Find Challenge
    CC7KJ SPLIT ROCK
    CC7O0W Texas Blue Ghost
    CC8LV5 My autumn vacation
    CC937I Norway in a nutshell
    CCHX Google Up A Locationless!
    CCPV Post a Picture of Yourself
    CCTK Bigger Than Big

Placed todate in 2015
    TC6103 Mighty Oak Taylor Creek Tag
    TC2GS4 Lonely Cypress Tree Tag
    TC92Q4 Charles Bronson Walkabout
    TC7YXP Black Water Creek
    TC9F2N Longleaf Pine Tag
    TC6HQ3 Spoil Island Tag
    TC3V53 Madrid, New Mexico
    TC3F0R Monzano Tag Pole

6/28 - Cache Page Maintenance
    TCBLS Ulumay Peninsula
    TCCXN Tosohatchee Climb
    TCDAG Pine Flatwoods Climb
    TCDGM Moccasin Island North Climb
    TCDKH Lost Your Bearing Twice

20 Points  2   
  • Bon Echo  Hamilton 7/12/2015 
    Please count me in for the Traditional and Locationless categories. I have a lot of work ahead of me, with only two virtual cache finds so far, but I look forward to the challenge.
    20 Points  2   
  • ThePolarBear  San Diego 7/17/2015 
    Alright, I'm in for the Traditional.  No finds/hides to date but I have vacation coming up in August.
    20 Points  2   
  • savoy  Little Rock 7/22/2015 
    I'm in for Traditional and Locationless. 
    I'll update this once I have some stats to report.
    10 Points  1   
  • smksmith  Snohomish 8/1/2015 
    Update:
    Just found TC2B6 and TC2EI. These are also eligible for the CCD count.
    My first hide is
    TC6VT4. This cache shows it's active but I don't see it on the map. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks. Just got back from a two day overnight hike to find a couple of Yukon Jack's hides that hadn't been logged in six years. Feeling sore!

Sam
    10 Points  1   
  • Gage13  Ingleside 8/14/2015 
    I want to join the challenge.  I think I am really really good at this, so get ready.
    0 Points  0   
  • Luke1313  Ingleside 8/14/2015 
    Sorry new guy, you know I'm the best, so get ready.  :)
    0 Points  0   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 8/15/2015 
    I'm a little slow off the mark this year as this is the worst wild fire season in WA,  ID, and MT since I joined the fire department 22 years ago.  That said, I have found TC76J5, TCEKL, and TCEKI.  I have hidden TC6P5M, TC9XQ2.   
    0 Points  0   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 8/18/2015 

Updating our current status (as of 12/28) for the Traditional Category:

Cache Care: TCEST on 2/28, TCETB on 8/15, TCEXS on 9/26, TCEST on 11/18, TCHVV on 12/18, TCEBB on 12/25,  and TC7EZJ on 12/27.

JASTA 11

0 Points  0   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 8/28/2015 
    I've got three more finds in the traditional Tc79n, tc79m, and tc5fuh.  
    0 Points  0   
  • Bon Echo  Hamilton 9/1/2015 
    In August I found a traditional cache which was last logged in 2009: TCDO4; confirmed the cache is still in place, in good shape, and snapped a cover photo
    Also posted a note to TCGAT to inquire about the cache - it's 40 meters from a GC cache and recent logs to the GC cache indicate some confusion over the container (the GC cachers found a container with only a couple signatures, and assuming it was a throwdown, they removed it). The cache owner responded and it is not likely that the TC cache was confused for the GC cache. good to know. This cache has not been found since 2013 (by the owner). Hopefully I will be able to search for this one later his month. Sounds like quite the adventure
    0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 9/4/2015 
    0 Points  0   
  • smksmith  Snohomish 9/9/2015 

Found TC2HX on 8-25-15. This is also eligible for the CCD count. It was just over 2 years since last find. Cache was in great shape. 

Had a great hike and another Terracache find on my 51st birthday!

Sam

0 Points  0   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 9/10/2015 
    I would like to take credit for cache maintenance for the following caches:  TC26NP, TC9XQ2, TC4F1Z, TC5KX6, and TC44OU.  I've cleaned up the language and added a Topo map picture to each of these caches.  

The map, to me, is an invaluable feature for these caches as it takes care of a lot of the preplanning (what we used to call "Beta," "Gouge," "G2," or "Intel") in the Air Force.  These maps show the EXACT track that I took (as recorded on my GPS and downloaded to National Geographic Topo) to reach the cache location (summit) and takes a lot of the guess work out of trip planning.  I've gone out and found all the dead ends, cliffs, canyons, etc so you don't have to.

Terradactyl 
    10 Points  1   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 9/11/2015 
    Oh my!! Terradactyl, are we making the challenge a bit to easy?

But Wow! Those pictures on TC26NP are just breath taking

Be safe
    0 Points  0   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 9/14/2015 
    Z,
    It's hard to improve on my near perfect caches so I have to look for little details for that "extra" little punch.

After putting out Colchuck Peak, Cannon Mountain, and Witches Tower I deserve a little break.  

This is my favorite picture of the summer.  I use it as a screen save on all my computers so any time I turn one on I'm automatically taken back to that magic moment on that magic day.  

Well, its kinda hard to see it in all its glory in a little bitty postage stamp.  Go check it out on my Cannon Mountain Cache.  It was a high mountain meadow on a just right July day with Mountain Lupine in bloom everywhere. I sat there for over an hour just drinking it all in.  I turned on an album by an artist called Gandalf and "printed" that picture in my mind and now associate it every time I hear a song from that album.  
    0 Points  0   
  • Terradactyl  Spokane 10/12/2015 

Two more hides - don't know the numbers but they are Crystal Lake - Enchantment Lakes and Shield Lake - Enchantment Lakes.  

BTW, Shield Lake is, without a doubt, THE single best backpacking destination I have ever visited! 

TD 

0 Points  0   
  • dexter  Plymouth 10/24/2015 

Cache Care Days for October 2015

Checked on the following caches, replacing, refreshing and repairing the bits and pieces as needed, updated the  hints and cache page for current conditions. See cache pages for details.

TCEG2  Fort Hill

TCEDZ Chatham Naval Air Station

TCHTX  Chatham Radio WCC

0 Points  0   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 1/2/2016 

Cash - I started to write up a complete list of what I did toward qualifying for the various categories in the challenge, and need a ruling from the head guy. If a cache is submitted before the end of 2015, but over the holidays it doesn't get its second sponsor approval until January, does it count toward the 2015 Challenge?

0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 1/2/2016 

My personal opinion is that if the cache was submitted for approval in 2015 then it should count towards the 2015 Challenge even if sponsor approval occurs later. 

0 Points  0   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 1/6/2016 

Here’s a final list of the qualifications for the three 2015 TerraCaching Challenge categories. I posted some of these earlier, but thought it better to get everything in one place. If the last placed Cyber counts, I guess I also qualified for the Grand Prize draw, too.

Traditional Cache Category

I hid 25; here are 5 of them:

TC5ROL - Redbull Stratos – Landing Site - 1/31/15

TC3GVQ - Lincoln County War – Blazer’s Mill - 1/31/15

TC4YSL – Idaho Rocks! - 4/22/15

TC5V7V - Nathan’s Nuptuals - 4/22/15

TC632Y - Dudley’s Chapel - 5/4/15

I found 175; here are 10 of them:

TCER7 - The Transpeninsular Line - 1/18/15

TCESE - Observation Tower No. 7 – 1/25/15

TCAY2 - Vollandseiche in Steppach - 3/22/15

TCB4C - Tanzlinde in Wichsenstein - 3/23/15

TCB4A - Kreuzeiche bei Hürbel - 3/23/15

TCDHW - Old Fort Boise - 4/17/15

TC9MS - Lawrence’s Ride - 4/18/15

TC9QM - Dry Creek Run - 4/19/15

TC7QR - What a View Perrine Bridge - 4/21/15

TCEMN - ATK Rocket Park - 5/22/15

I did about 100 Cache Care Days this year, here are 5:

TC9MS – Lawrence’s Ride – unvisited in 7 years: verified it’s there and CC is available.

TCC72 – Welcome to Gotham City – unvisited for 7 years; missing; now replaced

TCDHR – Starvation Camp – unvisited in 7 years – verified coordinates and CC info still available

TCDHW – Old Fort Boise - unvisited in 7 years – verified coordinates and CC info is available

TC9QM – Dry Creek Run – unvisited for 5 years – replaced missing cache container

Locationless Cache Category

I hid 5; here are all 5 of them:

LC8PXS - Latex on Tap - 10/31/15

LC7ETB - The Armonica - 11/6/15

LC9X82 - One Lane Bridges.....the Locationless version - 11/6/15

LC47DS - Natural Peace Symbols - 12/28/15

LC1IG8 - Flood Level Signs - 12/28/15

I found 17; here are 10 of them:

LC7TN - Badman - 3/3/15

LC6ICU - Stupid Tourist Tricks - 4/6/15

LC7TP - Yellow Daisy - 4/27/15

LC5VKH - International Sporting Events - 4/27/15

LC7MB - Carved wooden doors - 7/4/15

LC3HWN - Established When? - 8/2/15

LC5U28 - 9/11 Memorials - 8/2/15

LC3O7X - Monumental People - 8/2/15

LC5HW8 - Touchdown - 8/12/15

LC7QU - Nuit Blanche - 9/28/15

TC9QN – Eagle Cache - unvisited for 5 years – replaced missing cache container

TCB4C - Tanzlinde in Wichsenstein – unvisited in 5 years; verified items needed for CC still available.

TCB4D - Tanzlinde zu Effeltrich - unvisited in 4 years; verified items needed for CC are still available.

TCB4A - Kreuzeiche bei Hürbel – unvisited in 4 years; replaced missing cache container,

TCERI – DeChambeau Ranch - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

Cyber Cache Category

I hid 5; here are all 5 of them and the dates submitted – CC6D0V didn’t get second sponsor approval until Jan. 2nd:

CC6O7I - Sears Roebuck and Co. - 9/16/15

CC9G1Q - One Lane Bridges.....the Cyber version - 11/12/15

CC7IWV - When a Roundabout is not a Roundabout - 12/28/15

CC6D0V - George Washington Gale Ferris, Jr. - 12/30/15

CC6D0V – Where I started - 12/30/15

I found 15; here are 10 of them:

CC1KHB - 2015 Walk to Defeat ALS (CC) - 4/27/15

CC77CB - Alzheimer's The Longest Day Geocaching Fundraiser - 6/21/15

CC1UCT - Featured Animals (or Animal Parts) - 8.29.15

CC7LH2 - Ground Zero - 8/29/15

CC17YW - Bear Behind - 8/29/15

CC3PV2 - Caching DNA - 8/29/15

CC8LV5 - My Autumn Vacation - 8/29/15

CC7C64 - Shetland Buss - 8/29/15

CC7O0W - Texas Blue Ghost - 8/29/15

CC7D9L - Community Showcase Challenge Level 3: Hang Ten - 12/31/15

TCERE – La Madre Spring Trail - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCERA – Sun Tunnels - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCEQZ – Iosepa - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

TCES9 – Marshall University Plane Crash Site - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text.

TCES2 – The Red Bridge - Uploaded a cover photo and corrected text in description.

0 Points  0   
  • SoccerFanatics  Alexandria 1/20/2016 

Hi Cash - I suspect people may be wondering when the drawings for the prizes for the 2015 Challenge will take place.

0 Points  0   
  • WindpumpBoy  Caister-on-Sea 1/21/2016 

Just for completeness I have done a tally of  my 2015 Challenge caches etc. Qualifying caches and CCD's all listed elsewhere in the threads so I won't repeat them here. But totals are (subject to official tallying):

Cache Care Days 42

Traditional Caches Placed 11 Found 14

Locationless Caches Placed 12 Found 134

Cyber Caches Placed 29 Found 131

Of course the really big question is ...... What's the 2016 Challenge?

0 Points  0   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS