TerraTalk

New

Posted on: 6/4/2020

by: ag08

Site Updates

Hello Everyone! 

We released some site updates today that we are excited to share with you guys. Here is a brief rundown of the changes: 

• We optimized the loading on the Sponsorship Page in the Play section of the site. We increased the speed so that the page would load similarly to the other pages on the site. 
  • We addressed an issue with country listings in google maps to ensure that member and cache address information is populated correctly. 
  • We added a feature where the 'Captains' of the site (our lovely Captain Lewis and Captain Clark are the top of the sponsorship hierarchy) can approve bumped caches. This way, admins will be able to review caches that have been bumped and ensure they are approved/revision is requested in a timely manner. 
  • We created 'load more caches' links in the grid and list views of Traditional, Locationless, and Cyber caches. This will ensure that more caches can be loaded by scrolling or clicking on the link. Essentially, we want to be sure that no matter what device our members are using, they will be able to load the next set of caches. 
  • We changed the loading of logs on Cache detail pages. The first ten will load automatically, then additional logs will load similar to the Cache Hunt Grid/List views- 10 at a time. Similar to the 'load more caches' link, we have added a 'load more logs' link. Members can click the link or scroll to load the next set of logs. This allows the cache pages to load more quickly. 

We also updated the notifications on the site. The notification bell will now alert everyone to the following: 

• A new cache has been submitted for approval. 
  • A log has been posted on a Cache Owner's cache. 
  • There are members needing sponsorship. This has been corrected so that the 1 isn't constantly present. Once you check this, it only reappears as a new notification if there are new users you can sponsor.
  • A new traditional cache has been created within 100 miles of your home location. 
  • A new locationless cache has been created. 
  • A new cyber caches has been created. 
  • A new vote has been received on a cache detail page. 
  • A new vote has been received on a cache log. 

These notifications will have a link to take members to the page related to the notification. The notifications will remain present for 14 days after you have checked them. I'm really excited about this set up of updates! I think that the notifications will help to make the site more interactive. This is just the first set of updates to the notifications, we will continue to add new notifications as time goes on. 

We hope you guys enjoy the updates! Happy Caching!

Christa 

Comments [5]

• Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/5/2020 

cool

Great update, On my way

Attachments

hiking_man.gif
    20 Points  2   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/19/2020 

I think this has been mentioned before but ..... Would really like to have the new member request to "force" a location entry. At least for me, would think important to sponsorship

My $.02

10 Points  1   
  • JASTA 11  Bridgewater 6/20/2020 

Same here. I'd like to know where a sponsoree at least claims to be from.

I'm reluctant to offer sponsorship to someone who won't share their location. 

10 Points  1   
  • cash108  Durango 6/25/2020 

The site does force people to input their location, but we do have a known issue where some countries not showing up when people manually input coordinates.   We are working on this issue. The site will check to ensure that a valid coordinate has been inputted. Some people will put in coordinates that do not reflect where they live. Some people change their home coordinates for other reasons.

We encourage everyone to click the three white dots in the red box next to their "Home Coordinates" and pick the city that is closest to where you live.  You do not have to put your exact home location for obvious reasons. This should resolve any issue with manually inputting issue.  We do try to fix those quickly.

0 Points  0   
  • Z_Statman  Cocoa 6/26/2020 

Good point cash

"A" good aspect about this community is that we trust those who participate in this crazy, albeit truly enjoyable/challenging, activity and I think that is what makes us unique.

Take care

10 Points  1   

SIMILAR TERRATALKS